Tuesday 12 June 2012

To Be or Not To Be? Decisions Decisions.....



I am not an expert in life matters, heck I have no documented qualifications to give any advice about life matters to anyone. However, all that I speak, I derive from what I see, from what I feel and from what my heart and my mind dictates to me. I think that is the perfect definition of an ‘opinion’ of which each and every human being is entitled to. In my writing, I get so immersed in the point that am trying to put across that sometimes I think I sound like a blabbering idiot. My mind operates on overdrive and I go at it like an athlete on steroids. All in all I try to keep on track and I only hope that someone out there understands me, or can make sense of what I say. With that said, I take this opportunity to warn you that the following might be the worst bout or most confusing of my creative rants!

Making choices is what life is all about and a common feature in many of my rants. At any point in life, someone is making a decision for someone else, making their own decisions or having decisions made for them. All the above scenarios can be at any stage of life, whether gown up or just a child. Decisions still have to be made.
Don’t we wish there was some huge guide book from the powers to be where we could all refer before making any decision? Some place where we could go to check is the decision we are to make is right or wrong. Why is that? Why do we always need to seek approval before making a choice? Seeking advice from friends and family, asking GOD?
We try to convince ourselves that we do this in order to make the best choice, to beat the odds. This is where it really gets twisted….. I chose to disagree! I think we seek approval in making decision in order to have someone to blame if we make the wrong choice and quite rarely someone to thank if it is the right one.
Decisions are all about benefits or consequences. That is why they are called decision, there are many options to choose from and not all of them are beneficial to us. Picking one thing may shift the whole equilibrium as opposed to choosing the other. And when it goes bad, we are really in trouble.
No one will ever come up with a formula that we can use to derive the odds or probability for making the right choice. Wrong choices are made every day and there is nothing much we can do about it. Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying one should not seek help in making decisions. All I am saying is that we should be ready for the outcome, ready to stand up for the choices we make, ready to take the triumph or the fall for it regardless.
Here’s my little tip/opinion about making a choice, a decision in life. There is an innate instinct in all of us towards right or wrong, many have come up with names for it….free will? Either way, we all know what is right and what is wrong, even though sometimes we pretend we don’t. I gather that we should always listen to that small voice (not that I have voices in my head or anything!) that tells us to do what is right. Fear of opposition, failure or ridicule is always real, but when you make the right choice, trust me the universe will always have respect for that. It may take a day, a month or years but you will still earn the respect for the right choices you make…….
XoXo!

No comments:

Post a Comment